Merry Christmas and happy holidays to everyone! The Christmas Event is once again live! If you haven’t been around for this before, here’s what you can expect:
Every once in a while you will hear the sound of jingle bells. Run outside and look for a gift! Two gifts are spawned per player, in a radius of about 40m from where you are standing. Run up and bash it open to receive your Christmas presents. They come in three sizes: small, medium, and large. If you have enough small presents stashed, you can “trade up” to a medium or large. The contents of each present varies, but you’ll find a mix of resources, weapons, and candy. We’ve also added wrapping paper allowing you to wrap up items as gifts to other players, perhaps sold in your vending machine…
Once again, you will be able to find Santa hats and reindeer antlers, both of which can be worn and provide a decent amount of protection. There’s also a lickable candy cane club, and two types of stockings. If you hang a stocking inside your base when the jingle bells ring the stocking will fill up with loot. The larger stocking has a higher chance for better items and both last around 5-10 refills.
You may notice a different look to a few other aspects of the game but I won’t spoil them here. Have fun!
We’ve also added a couple more deployables from last year such as the Snow Machine, which runs on Low Grade Fuel and blankets a small area of terrain in a layer of snow
Thank you to everyone for another amazing year of Rust!
Change List 223Wednesday, 18 December 2019
- Xmas content enabled
- Fixed high bite protection causing animal attacks to heal the player
- Fixed monument labels on map flickering when adding/removing markers
- Fixed scientist loot panel displaying random numbers – now reads “Scientist”
- Fixed being able to reload chainsaw while attacking
- Fixed not being able to save workshop models from the Workshop UI
- Fixed a duplicate MIDI binding on the bass guitar
- Fixed the sharp note bindings not working on instruments
- Fixed multiple exploits
- Reduced chance of tree minigame markers going under the ground